What’s included: Applying the Chicago Manual of Style, this level of editing looks at all aspects of the manuscript, including the writing itself and the content it presents. An editor will offer input on your manuscript for:
- Typographical errors such as misspelling, misuse of punctuation, or wrong word usage
- Proper grammar usage, including subject-verb agreement, sentence structure, etc.
- Readability, flow, and clarity of language
- Content such as character development, pacing, plot structure, or organization
- A scheduled call with your editor to discuss the edits after you have reviewed them. It is suggested that you make a list of questions regarding the edits before you receive the call.
What’s NOT included: While the editor will point out where content needs improvement and may offer suggestions on how to make it better, they will not write the improved version for you.
Turnaround Time: 20 business days